Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Not sure where this month has gone so far .I will try to recap as best I can.
The lovely Ellie has become a teenager at last.January 5th 2007 she celebrated her 13th birthday.
She had a sleepover at her mums house with a few friends and asked if we could go out for a meal..just me and her the following evening.
She opted for the Chinese at Port Solent ,which we had been to before and enjoyed and had a very grown up meal together.
Good thing is although she has some of the stereotypical traits she is turning into a lovely young lady. Love her to bits and so proud she is still my little girl ..but for how much longer who knows?
Standing at 5ft 6 and seemingly still growing developing all her lumps and bumps in the right places she is already beating the older boys away with “ a big stick” Oh the joys of parenthood.
At least she can try to use me as a weapon to keep them at bay if she feels the need.
New job still going well. Been out to site on a few occassions now.Am writing this from my hotel room up in Birmingham. Been to Wednesbury Metro station today to repair and test a bus station times information sign and then onto the highways to commission a new information sign for Telford County Council.Tomorrow is a couple of repairs if the weather holds out or possibly to check out an upcoming job in Torbay.
Last couple of weeks I have been to a few cinemas on service calls to repair and test various display signs ,all very interesting..well for me anyways.. It is all go with this job,keeps me busy and not much time for anything else,which I like.

Having passed the anniversary of my fathers death and now the funeral also ,although not far from my thoughts, I did have other things I needed to be thinking of at this time.
Did spend an hour sat listening to a Jim Reeves cd which was enough time for me to sit ,collect my thoughts,take a few deep breaths and shed a tear or two at the passing of a year ago of my dad.(January 7th 2007)

Had my band tightened Friday 18th January,much to the non recommendation of my surgeon Mr Somers. He said I was very brave to be doing what I was doing(another 1.5mls pumped in) as I reminded him that he had told me it is a tool and to use it as I saw fit(with his guidance of course) I am determined to lose the couple of stone I have left to shed,the quicker the better. Its only left on my stomach now and I have become quite conscious of it ,even though it is a remarkable improvement,obviously from my original stature.
I only lost 2 kilos in a month and a half but he reminded me that I would get plateaus like this and I needed to remember it had been Xmas and it is supposed to be an 18 month to 3 year plan. Well I am at 17 months now and decided that if I can do it sooner rather than later then I will. Have only been managing milkshakes(with extra vitamins etc) soups and not alot else for the past five days. Even a cup of tea or coffee is a strain right now. Only drank an inch of a cup each time I have made one. Trying to keep up the fluid intake with water and although it goes down,only small sips are working as gulping just traps air bubbles and makes me belch(very painfully I might add)lol

No comments: